Pages

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Diet, exercise...blah blah blah

So I had decided that I was going to do p90x to get back into shape.  I also decided to start by doing it every other day in order to slowly break myself in.  Then stuff got in the way and I went to Vermont and forgot the DVD's at home.

So now I haven't done it in a week.  So yep, I fell off that bandwagon.  My new plan is to start again on Sunday.  I am going to (and I'm in!) my cousin's wedding this weekend and there is just too much to do between now and then for me to try again too soon.   Of course...if I have free time I will do some exercise.

Actually, I'll probably clean the house instead. :)

One problem that annoys me when trying to lose weight is that you have to EAT to lose weight.  It's very tempting to not eat, since if you don't eat the calories, they won't end up on your hips or butt.  The problem with that is that if you don't eat enough food, your body will just hold onto that fat for dear life.  When we don't eat, we send a message to the body that says "Famine!  There's no food!  Survival mode!".

The message we need to send is that there is plenty of food.  Plenty of HEALTHY food.  (junk food sends that same famine message to our brains because it isn't getting any healthy nutrients out of it, just empty calories for survival.)  So if you are joining me on this weight loss challenge, make sure you eat plenty of food.  NEVER skip breakfast and get plenty of healthy fats, protein and yes, some carbs too.  Don't skimp on the veggies and make sure you have fruits for dessert.

If you do decide to skip a meal, the only one you want to skip is your last meal of the day.  Is that dinner?  Or fourth meal?  Or is that ice cream after dinner?  What about that late night snack?  THAT is the only meal to skip.  If you can't sleep because your tummy is rumbling?  Try a glass of milk or a small piece of meat.

So why did I share all this advice with you?  Mostly to remind myself while I try to lose some weight.
Okay,  I want to lose a lot of weight.  I feel like I'm starting all over again.  Sigh.


2 comments:

Remby said...

I don't entirely agree with you here. Google "Eat, Stop, Eat" it discusses the pitfalls of most modern conventional dieting. The basic underlying message is that the only scientifically proven method to lose weight it exercise and calorie reduction, hence the twinkie diet. Anyways, the whole idea is short period fasting 1 or 2 days a week to reduce calorie intake without having to actually "diet". The catch is you have to be doing resistance training otherwise over time you will lose muscle mass

Martha Grace said...

Dani I am with you! Ive been low low carb dieting for about 2 weeks and I feel great! It's tough getting in the veggies and protein but so worth it! Gook Luck!!!

Post a Comment