Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Food, Fun, Friends!

We had a good weekend.  Well, we had a good weekend despite the heat and humidity (ugh! so awful!) and we had a good weekend despite the Patriots losing to the Bills.

We hosted a BBQ on Saturday so that our friends could come visit and see where we live.  We wanted people to see that we didn't go too far away (even though we moved out of state) and that we were now closer to others, now that we lived in their state.   I do love having people over and hosting parties, but I think now that I would prefer to have over smaller groups of people.  I feel like I didn't get to give everyone the one-on-one attention I would have liked to.  When you are hosting the party, prepping food, making food, cleaning, pouring drinks, directing people to the bathroom....and oh yeah, taking care of a baby too....you just don't have the time for fun and socializing like you want.   Plus we are getting old...our party ended way earlier than I thought it would. :)

So look for invites to visit us again, this time in smaller numbers. :)

On Sunday, the pet food store we are now using to purchase Oscar's food was hosting a Customer Appreciation Day.  There were balloons, clowns, food distributors, shelters, vets and raffles and activites.  I took Oscar over and I entered him in the "cool pet trick" contest.  There were a few good competitors there, and I didn't think we would win......but we did!  Oscar took first place and got a bag full of treats and toys and a gift certificate to the store!  I was very excited and happy for Oscar.  Plus it was nice for Oscar and I to spend some one-on-one time together.  He doesn't get as much attention from me now that we have the baby, and I need to make efforts to make sure we do.  I need to reinforce his training.

So what did Oscar do to win?  We went through a few of this commands, but I think the ones the judges liked best was his "dancing" and when he jumped into my arms on command.  He also did a little kissing up by going to each judge after his tricks to be petted.  He likes dog treats, but prefers the love. :)

Happy Monday everyone!

1 comment:

Leontien said...

ohh to bad you don't have pictures cause it sure sounds good!

Hope you have a great week!
Leontien

Post a Comment