Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Staying Positive.

Yesterday's post was put up kind of late, so either you haven't read it yet or you aren't going to yell at me for trying fasting. :)   If you haven't seen it yet, go ahead and read yesterday's post.

I just want to report that I felt great yesterday and of course I was hungry but I did do it.  Anthony also noticed that I was in a much better mood, though I don't know if that was from fasting or because I got a fancy new hair cut yesterday that included a head massage when I got my shampoo. :)

So on to today's post!  I was inspired by another blog today.  I was inspired by Jent's Front Porch.  She wrote a very positive feel good thing yesterday and now I am going to do the same.

Yesterday...

My house was a mess...
...there are dirty dishes in the sink.
...there are baby things all over the place.
...all of our stuff from this weekend is still scattered and needs to be unpacked.
...and the whole house just needs a good hard scrubbing!

My baby's mirror was covered in beard hairs...

And my weight is well over what it should be.

Yesterday...
My house was a mess because I have a fulfilling life and I keep busy and don't have the time to spend all my time cleaning, because my time is better spent with Anthony and Zoe and Oscar.
There are dirty dishes in the sink because we are fortunate enough to not have to worry about where our next meal comes from and we are fortunate enough to have enough dishes that we don't need to clean them as soon as we are done using them.
There are baby things all over the place because we are blessed with a beautiful little girl who enjoys being with us in whatever room we are in, therefore, her stuff tends to spread out.
All of our things from this past weekend are scattered because we went to a family wedding and had a great weekend and it will take us all week to get settled again because we are fortunate enough to have full time jobs and we enjoy each other's company instead of "working" after work as well.
And the whole house just needs a good hard scrubbing because we would rather spend time together playing on the floor with our baby and dog and go out to dinner together than worry about the dust bunnies in the corner.
And my baby's mirror was covered in beard hairs because my husband was thoughtful enough to shave outside and borrow the baby's mirror, so that the beard hairs wouldn't be all over our bathroom counter which drives me crazy. :)  (Note to self...purchase Anthony his own mirror and thank him for being so thoughtful!)
And my weight is well over what it should be because I had a beautiful, healthy baby girl.

This weekend I was told it's all about perspective and choosing your priorities.  It feels good to put a positive spin on things that drive me crazy.  I need to relax, I hear it all the time.  First I just need to choose my priorities and the rest will work itself out.

So, priorities?  The health and happiness of my family.
Priority number 2?  Hire a cleaning person if we can afford one.  :)


2 comments:

Chris H said...

This is a great post! Very uplifting! It is nice to put things in perspective from time to time instead of worrying about every little thing. Thanks!

Jent said...

Great job!

And thanks for the shout!

Post a Comment