Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A few things.

I wanted to share a few things today.  First off, boot camp last night was great.  It was hard, my muscles are sore, I nearly fell out of bed instead of getting out of bed...but I feel good.  I didn't think I would be able to run for more than 10 seconds, and guess what?  I ran for about five minutes!  Go me!   Looks like my body remembers how to do these things.  I even feel inspired to try running with Zoe in our stroller!

Dani Do It!  I'm feeling strong and confident.

Things I wanted to share. 

I wanted you to see this article about Things Your Pet Shouldn't Eat.  Not too many people realize things like onions are not good for pets.  And I didn't know about the last one, Xylitol.
http://shine.yahoo.com/pets/things-your-pet-shouldnt-eat-2581264.html

And I wanted to share this article about Michelle Obama.  I like that she admits her motivation for eating healthy and exercising is vanity.  :)  Isn't that true for most of us?  Hey, I want to look HOT!  Otherwise why would I torture myself with jumping jacks and lunges and squats?  Oh yeah, it's because I gave in to all the crappy junk food.  Hmmm, maybe I should think twice before I do that again.....okay, back to looking good and Michelle Obama, she share some other good advice too:
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/life/michelle-obama-on-the-things-that-matter-most-to-moms-2588797/

And the last thing I want to share is a really scary experience for a blogger that I read about this morning.  It has me reconsidering my blogging.  I have mentioned my name and my family member's names a few times here.  So while I try to stay anonymous, I'm really not.  The majority of my readers know me.
But because of this woman's experience, I feel like I should maybe go "underground" or stop blogging at all.  The internet is wonderful for sharing our lives, but it also opens us up to some seriously wacko people.
Here is the blog post:
http://www.blogher.com/consequences?page=full

Something like that is just so terrifying.  And also scary?  Reading the comments and reading about other people's experiences, including other people having CPS called on them for their blog posts!  What if I had CPS called on me because of some things I have done for my baby?  I don't think I feel comfortable writing about her anymore.  Or the dirty dishes in my sink.   Because apparently if CPS did show up, I can be cited for dirty dishes.  (that's some motivation to get them done!!)

Stories like this make me want to withdraw, unplug and go move into that log cabin in the woods I have always dreamed about.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Danielle, continue to be a positive role model for your daughter and you will be the same for others.

I was not impressed by the other women's blog. Who calls their children "asshats" ?? and other names. I agreed with her overall sentiment regarding the grade given to her son, she just had a horrible way to discussing it.

As for the weirdo that called CPS (Child Protective Services ), there are real children out there that need their help, this was not the case and you knew it, shame on you!

As for CPS, there are real children out there that need your help. You should do some sort of preliminary investigation before your start questioning small children, shame on you!

There will always be things in this world that make us mad/sick, but we can't stop living our lives, because of them.

Mom

Post a Comment