Pages

Thursday, October 06, 2011

Happy.

I was all set today to write a post about being happy.

Just content.

At ease.  I haven't felt this way in a really long time.  I know I had some baby blues and I have definitely had mood swings.  A new baby and lack of sleep will do that to you.  Isn't it crazy that my baby sleeps through the night but I keep waking up all night?  Yeesh.  (well, except for last night, she woke up last night, but she was cold, so I covered her up, gave her a pacifier, and back to sleep she went.  And I went back to bed where I stared at the ceiling hoping to go back to sleep....)

Okay, got off topic there.  But even with all of that, I just felt purely HAPPY today.

I still do.

Even though I discovered something just now that annoyed me.  There are two shows on the Fox network that I like to watch.  And there was a new one I was going to watch.  Then I got free tickets to a show and I missed a night of episodes.  Then I had a chance at seeing the Lion King the other night (whoo hoo!  It was AWESOME!) and I missed another night of episodes.

No biggie.  I'll just watch them online, get caught up and then I'll be all set to watch my shows this season.

But Fox apparently has other plans.  They now delay your ability to watch a show online by EIGHT days.  Which means it will now be IMPOSSIBLE for me to catch up and watch the shows in "real" time with everyone else.

This is where in my opinion and as it pertains to me.....a BIG mistake.  A giant, HUGE mistake.  Because I don't really watch tv.  It has to be a REALLY good show to hook me.  And I got excited by some television shows coming to us this fall.  And last year I got hooked on a new one.  I actually went from watching no shows, to one show, to two shows last year and maybe even THREE this year.

And they were all on Fox.  So I went from none to three.  Good job Fox!

Except that now you screwed it up.  And if these shows now start to look mediocre, I'll stop watching completely.  (shakes head, shame shame)

NOT too bright.  I can understand delaying the show.  Apparently if you have Dish network you can login and watch them sooner.  So fine, delay the shows 4-5 days.  Not 8.  I can't catch up now.   BOOO!

At least the Vampire Diaries hasn't done that.  They even have the last three from last season still available to watch.  And so far Netflix has been fast enough that I have almost caught up to this season.  Looks like I'm back down to ONE show.

BOOO!

I'm still happy though. :)
Love my life.  Love my husband.  Love my baby.  And especially love my dog, he's so cute.

5 comments:

Ronja said...

I had the same problem. I didn't realize the new (and last) season of House started until I happened to catch the last 5 minutes by accident. So I set up my DVR for the rest of the season and went on line to watch.... and WHAT?!?! huh?!?! I have to wait 8 days?? Good thing I have DVR so I can just watch next week's episode after it is finally out on line.

Marybeth @ AlarmClockWars said...

I think it's funny that you "especially love" your dog, but you just "love" everyone else. :)

Dani said...

That's because love for your animals is special. :)

JoAnne said...

Let me know what new programs you were interested in, I'll let you know if they are worth watching.

Amy Hanson said...

And I can DVR and you can catch up. :)

Post a Comment