Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Take a minute. Breathe. Relax.

Every once in a while I will come across something that reminds me I need to sit back and relax.

Stop worrying.

Let the tension go.

Just enjoy the day.

I am going to share an article with you that did that for me today.  Today I will not worry about the dirty dishes or the fact that my baby is waking up at night.  Today I will think about Leontien and what she is about to go through.  Today I will kiss my husband, cuddle my baby and hug my dog.

And I will just enjoy today for what it is.

And maybe make an apple pie.  (hey, it's on my to do list!)

Here is the article.  If you are a parent, you may need tissues.  You were warned!
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/16/opinion/sunday/notes-from-a-dragon-mom.html?_r=1

I think I can take a lesson from this and try to be more of a "dragon mom".  Funny thing...last week I painted a ceramic dragon piggy bank for Zoe.  Coincidence?  Hmmm.

1 comment:

Ronja said...

Stories like that are exactly why I get up and go to work everyday. I couldn't be more proud that the company I work for is one of the few that treat rare, fatal diseases. Years ago a parent of a child with Fabry or Pompe disease could have written that article... but not today. It helps to know what I'm working for... thank you for the reminder.

Post a Comment