Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Ack! So busy!

Yesterday I was thankful that I was so busy from a job that I love and I feel very lucky to have.

Today I am thankful I have a little more time and can tell you about my week last week!

We have had a crazy couple of days.  My house is a MESS.  But I will get to it later.  It's more important to spend time with friends and family then worry about how clean or messy your home is.  I'm trying to keep up, but I felt like the house was just destroyed after Thanksgiving.  It really wasn't, but in my neat freak, weird world, it was DESTROYED.

Ever have toddlers and kids visit?  This was my first real experience with it.  They were generally very well behaved, but at one point when everyone was downstairs eating, I went upstairs..

To find my kitchen floor was covered from one end to the other with toys.  Toys that I hadn't meant to let the kids play with.  All.  Over.  The.  Place.

Lucky for me, I walked into Zoe's room, and I found my 5 year old niece Eliza.  She was a good girl and cleaned up all the toys for me. Phew!  I had my hands full with Zoe at the time, so I appreciated the help.  I didn't want everyone to come upstairs to find the toys all over the place.  I didn't want any of them to break.

I still need to put away all the toys that the kids played with...

So why haven't I cleaned up yet?  Well, I have had a lot going on.  We had a family member pass away, so on Friday I went to Maine and came home last Saturday afternoon.  Then I immediately had to go out to shop for Anthony's cousin's baby shower.  Then Sunday was the baby shower.  But in between all that, I did Black Friday shopping with my sister-in-law on Thursday night, until 3am.  On Saturday night we got a phone call that a friend of ours needed help.  He had hit a deer and his car was likely totaled.  So Anthony went to get him.  And then I forgot that Anthony was having people over on Sunday.  So lots and lots of guests, some unexpectedly spending the night and it was all I could do just to keep up with washing sheets and towels for everyone.

So the house still needs cleaning.  I'll get to it maybe this weekend.  My dad is still in town, I have boot camp tonight, and well, I would rather spend time with my Dad then clean.

Fun right? :)  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I'll find time to unwind later this week.  And after my house is clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment