Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

It's Late, but Today I felt like Santa.

Today I am thankful that throughout the past 5-6 years, Anthony and I have been very fortunate.  Neither one of us has lost our jobs, or had to worry about how the rent or mortgage was going to get paid.  We are also both lucky to work in jobs that we truly enjoy.

This fortunate situation for us, gives us the opportunity to give back and today we did that.  My mom's group "adopted" four children for Christmas this year, and last night we went shopping for them.  Today I dropped off our gifts to these children.  There were many people participating and I believe these four children will get everything they wished for and needed this year.  I made sure we filled in the "blank" spots on the list.  No one likes to buy the boring stuff like socks and underwear, but we did!  (I also bought a few toys, couldn't help myself.)

I might write more on this subject at a later date.  I have always tried to donate around the holidays, but why not year round?  And my feelings on helping others has definitely changed with becoming a mother.  More on this subject later.

1 comment:

Lana said...

Good for you! It's important to remember that there are needs to met year around, but the holidays do bring that point home.

Post a Comment