Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Thankful

I'm just so thankful in general today.  Thankful for the good life that I have.  I am a very lucky and fortunate person.  I want to "pay it forward" and I would like you to do the same.

I am a believer in karma and what goes around comes around.  Today I am going to do a few things to help others out, not just in the Christmas and Holiday spirit, but because I am so thankful for the extraordinary life I lead.

Where did all of this come from?  From writing what I am thankful for the past few weeks.  It has really opened up my eyes to the very good life I am lucky to lead.  Instead of writing each and every little thing today, today I am thankful in general.  (I'll get back to specifics this weekend and next week!)

BUT...for today...please help me pay it forward.  If you haven't done any charitable giving yet this year, why not find a local charity that needs help.  I know today it was announced that in some states, they have not met their local need for Toys for Tots.  Have fun!  Go shopping, purchase some toys and make a kid's Christmas come true!  Try to check with your area to see what age range they need, a lot of young children and older children like teenagers get missed. :(

Do you know someone who needs a little help this year?  Maybe you can do something to help them out!

Some people may ask, what is the purpose of life?  Why am I here?  You don't have to be the President or a Celebrity or a Nobel Peace Prize winner to make a difference.  Sometimes, our only purpose to being here is to make someone else happy.  (and that in turn will make you happy!)  You never know how your smile at a stranger or a child may have changed their day.  Or how holding the door for someone may have changed someone's perspective.  Maybe your only purpose is to love someone.

So today...please pay it forward.  I want to spread all this good feeling I am having.

Enough philosophical stuff.  For all you slackers, today is free shipping day!  Lots of retailers participating!
http://www.freeshippingday.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment