Pages

Monday, December 05, 2011

Weekend Stuffs

I am really not good at posting on the weekends. :)  I'm just not conditioned to thinking about posting on the weekend.  And I do try to stay away from the computer on weekends as well.

So what did we do this weekend?  Well, to start, on Saturday I was thankful that I got to spend the whole day with my husband and daughter.  We had pictures with Santa Claus and we cut down our tree.  A first for me, I had never cut my own tree before.  Well, technically Anthony cut down the tree, and Zoe and I watched and took pictures.  Pictures?  Yes!  There are pictures.  I'll share them online on Wednesday I think.  I want to get a little more decorating done and then I will be happy to show off.

Did Zoe cry when we went to see Santa Claus?  Yes she did.  I think it might have been the beard and glasses that threw her off.  She isn't used to seeing men with glasses and beards.  But we were visiting a really nice Santa and he was patient and kind.  He took the time to "make friends" with Zoe, and eventually she was comfortable.  So I think we got some great pictures of her crying and smiling.  We shall see.  I get those in about two weeks!

On Sunday I participated in a local group yard sale.  It was all Mama's from my Mom's group place.  I was thankful to meet some new mom's, maybe make some new friends and I managed to sell a few things too!  But mostly I was thankful to the mama who sold me a brand new, still in the box My Pal Violet at half the retail price!  I'm excited to have this toy for Zoe, as I have heard from so many other parents how much their children love this toy.

So what am I thankful for today?  That it is a nice balmy 58 degrees outside and during my lunch break I took an extra long walk!  That should help keep the weight off....especially with all the tempting candy at my desk...hehe.

1 comment:

Lana said...

Our Hannah was still hesitant to go up to see Santa, and she just turned SEVEN! Kids and Santa are a crazy mix. Glad you had a good one who could take the time to make nice. Our Santa worked the same magic. It helped that he called her over by her name! LOVE living in small towns!

Post a Comment