Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Inspired and Motivated!

Lately I am feeling inspired by my friends around me.  It seems as though everyone is taking steps to be healthier in the new year.  I have a friend who specifically wanted to bring vegetables to my football party this weekend.  I have another friend who joined Weight Watchers and has already lost 5 pounds!  I also have a friend who has lost 4 pounds!

And I have two friends who are wearing the BodyBugg along with me!

I haven't lost any weight yet.  But I haven't been trying too hard either.  Today my sister recommended I try doing the staircase in my house, like a 100 times.  It's a small staircase.  But the reason she recommended this is because she is the friend who has lost 4 pounds.  She is also doing some weights and some workout videos, but mostly she recommended it because she is training for a charity event!

Check it out:
http://ala.convio.net/site/TR/Climb/ALANE_New_England?px=4367600&pg=personal&fr_id=4380

She is going to climb something like EIGHT HUNDRED stairs.  So she is training for it.  And losing some weight!  A winner all around!

I have another friend who is going to run a half-marathon in New York.  I didn't even know this friend was a runner!  Her's is also for charity.
Check it out here:
http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/suzannekelly/2012nychalf?fge=ask

I plan on doing two things to support them.  First, I'm going to get my butt in gear and "train" with them in spirit.  Those stairs are taunting me in my house...

The second, I am going to make a donation to each of them.  I am doing this to support them and also so that they might make a donation to support my family when we do our annual walk for Cystic Fibrosis coming up this May.

So get up!  Get moving!  Can't get motivated?  New Year's resolutions already falling off the way side?  Pick a charitable event like my friends and start training for it.  You will feel SO good that you decided to do it.  You will feel fit, healthy, strong AND you did something for someone else.

1 comment:

Lana said...

Hmmmmm..... I have TWO sets of stairs, one at each end of the house. I could do a circuit! I'll let you know how it goes. Right now, I have a HUGE pain in my left butt cheek; I believe the old poop name for it is bursitis! ACK! Gotta go get that worked out which involves a burly man putting his elbow in the painful area for about 30 minutes. AND I pay him for it! ;-) DANG! Good luck!

Post a Comment