Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

More Weight Loss Stuff

Yesterday I wanted to talk about a few weight loss things but I got all uppity about the government's idea of useful spending of our tax dollars.

Did you miss it?  You can read it here:
 http://danidoit.blogspot.com/2012/01/here-i-go.html

Today I want to talk about a few things that may help you in your weight loss goals.  Me?  Haven't lost a pound.  Oh well.  Maybe these tricks will work for me too!  Earlier this week I read an article about standing up to lose weight.  There was a great article about how lying down to exercise doesn't make a whole lot of sense.  You can read it here:
http://www.youbeauty.com/body-fitness/columns/lifes-a-sport/stand-up-to-get-fit-in-2012

It sounds good to me!  No more crunches!  From now on I'm going to tone my abs with dancing.  (seriously, I signed up for a belly dancing/african dance class and I found myself practicing body rolls while washing dishes last night.)

Feeling lazy?  Don't want to stand up?  Here is the article for you!
http://fitbie.msn.com/slideshow/laziest-ways-lose-weight

Not all of these tips are for everyone.  Some of them don't help you save any money for example, but it's a great guide for those of us who can't make weight loss a full-time or part-time job.  Like me.  I did before I had a baby, but now that I had a baby I just can't go to kickboxing for two hours every night.  It just doesn't fit my schedule.

And the last thing....drink LOTS of water.  (maybe while standing up?)  Not motivated to drink water?  Maybe you don't like water?  Try seltzer water or flavored water.  Just get that fluid in you.  Want to remember to drink more water?   Buy yourself a new cup or water bottle.  It's your new dedicated water container.  You will magically find yourself drinking more, just because you want to use it.  For example, at home I have a Butterbeer souvenir mug from the Harry Potter world at Universal Studios.  I drink water out of this all day long at home.  I also have a nice aluminum Sigg water bottle at work (I have three of these, I use them while working out, at work and for travel!)  And now I also have a new cup.  With a new lid.
Check it out:
It's a Tervis cup.  It keeps hot things hot and cold things cold.  I have only tested cold so far, and it does work.  But I just like looking at it and using it.  Probably because I just want to live in a log cabin in the woods. :)  It isn't a cheap cup, but from what I hear, it's worth the investment.  They have a bunch of these at Bed Bath and Beyond if you want to check them out.

Another useful tip?  Use a water dispenser or get one of those 2.5 gallon water jugs at the store and put it on your counter.  Every time you walk by it or look at it, you will remember to drink water.

So go get yourself a new cup, drink lots of water, and spend some time standing around watching TV this weekend.  Like the football playoffs.  Go PATS! :)

1 comment:

JoAnne said...

Yes, these work great, I have a Patriots glass that I got at Bed Bath and Beyond. The double insulation keeps in so cold, the ice does not melt for hours!

Post a Comment