Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Baby I Love Your Way

I have a new friend and recently I showed her how to blog.  And now she has her own blog!
You can check it out here:
http://makandmamathyme.blogspot.com/

I have also added it to my "Dani Reads It" list.
The other day she wrote about a new favorite song,  She wrote:
Just something about this song speaks to me.  Maybe because it's about a guy hopelessly in love with a girl.  I'm not sure I can honestly say that a guy has truly ever felt like this towards me.  I hope someday to find a love like this.
When I read the words "I hope someday to find a love like this."....that is when HER words spoke to ME.

Story Time!

When I was in 9th grade.  At least I think it was 9th grade, I could be wrong.  Anyway, when I was in 9th grade a movie was released called "Reality Bites".  I remember I liked the movie (and I think it gave way to the future The Real World and all reality shows..scary!) but I really loved the soundtrack.  On the soundtrack there was a cover of Peter Frampton's Baby I Love Your Way.  And I LOVED this song.  And in my adolescent day dreams, I dreamed of a future relationship with a boy and that would be "our" song.  I just thought it was such a nice romantic song.  I really really really wanted a boyfriend and I thought it would be great if that was our song.

Well, fast forward.  I had a few boyfriends (let's not count please!) but none of them ever became that day dream and that song was never "our" song for any of those relationships.

Fast forward again.  It's 2006 and I am dating a new guy.  We have been dating around 3 months or so.  We were cooking dinner together at my apartment.  I even remember what we made that night, steak and salad. While we were in the kitchen preparing dinner, I started humming a tune I had in my head.  Looking back, I wonder if it was because I knew I was in love but way too afraid to admit how I feel.  So instead I was singing "Oooh baby I love your way...." and then from across the kitchen my new boyfriend said "every day...yeah yeah!" and we went back and forth singing the song.

The next thing I know, I'm hearing that song on the radio, I'm singing it every day, it becomes "our song".  And then I am getting married and we dance to it at our wedding.  My 9th grade day dream became a reality!

So what's the lesson here?  KEEP DREAMING!  Someday your prince will come and never give up on your dreams.  My dream came true and we were married almost three years ago.  And even just last night as I went to sleep I thought to myself....baby, I love your way...everyday.

Nice story huh?

And on a side note, if you watch Family Guy, Peter Frampton's Baby I Love Your Way  (which by the way, Anthony prefers the original of this song, not the cover that I liked in 9th grade) is Peter and Lois's song as well.  Which cracked up Anthony (since he loves Family Guy) and horrified me. :)

The End.

Oh, and check out my friend's new blog when you get a chance. :)

3 comments:

Kris said...

awwww...thanks sweetie! I'm loving every minute of this blogging thing and I'm definatley not ready to give up hope. I know he's out there. There's actually one person that comes to mind whenever I hear that song, so we'll see. I'm starting to think the guy in my head is just made up though.

Jent said...

Very sweet!

JoAnne said...

Nothing makes me more happy, than my children being happy!

Post a Comment