Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Success!

My first week of my weight loss bet is a success!

Down 3.5 pounds in one week!  This tells me two things.  One, I was eating way too much food.  Two, I was eating way too much BAD food.  One week of eating better (making better choices) and reducing my portions, and look what I did.

I have not added in exercise with the exception of my Monday night dance class and the little bits of "child play" I wrote about last week.  I do know that at some point I will hit a plateau and I will need to add in exercise.  I'm really hoping I will have a treadmill by then.

I read a quote on a friends facebook status the other day:
"To look like a fox, you have to sweat like a pig."
I think it can be attributed to someone named Rachel Cosgrove.  I don't know anything about her, but I may have to find out.  I liked the quote!  When it's time to get my butt in gear and do the exercise, I will remember this quote.

In the meantime...remember when I had a goal and when I reached that goal I was going to have a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?  No?  You can read it here:
http://danidoit.blogspot.com/2010/06/cinnamon-toast-crunch.html

I have decided to do this challenge again.  I have another box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch on top of my refrigerator to remind me again why I am doing this.  I want to look better, feel better and when I reach that goal weight, I'm having some Cinnamon Toast Crunch!

In the meantime, I set myself a smaller goal.  When I reach 160 pounds, I am going to have a Reese's Peanut Butter Egg.  Because they are everywhere right now.  And I really really really want one.  Five more pounds to go...

And look at that...I blogged about my weight, actual numbers!
....when in the past I would have been too embarrassed to do it. Nothing embarrassing here folks, just another girl trying to lose some weight.  Numbers are nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed about.

Mmmmm...peanut butter egg.  Maybe in two more weeks if I work really hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment