Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Motivational Monday - Perspective

Welcome back to another Motivational Monday!

I definitely had a case of the "Mondays" this morning.  I seriously considered calling out sick to work.  I unfortunately caught Anthony's cold that he had all last week...and so has Zoe.  So we were all sick this past weekend.  A total bummer because we missed a camping expo that I really wanted to check out.  So I was tempted to call out.  I need more sleep (the time change didn't help) and getting some laundry done and staying in bed just sounded nice.  Especially if Zoe was brought to daycare.  A real day off.

However, a little perspective can really change things.  Last week I read on another person's blog about how crappy her life seemed to be going until she remembered what was going on with a friend.  And that is the theme of today's post.  Courtesy of Dictionary.com:

PERSPECTIVE - 1. a way of regarding situations, facts, etc, and judging their relative importance
  
On top of the time change and the colds we all had, Zoe's first tooth was coming through.  Poor thing is in some pain and is pretty cranky.  Which means she whines and cries a little bit.  Which is really nothing compared to most kids.  But because my child is normally so easy and laid-back, to me it was just HORRIBLE.  And then I received a phone call from a friend.  Poor mama and her baby...they had an accident and everyone is okay, but her daughter (and she herself!) were going through SO much more than me.  Really.  I could suck it up and deal with Zoe's extra rosy cheeks while she is teething.  So there is that whole perspective thing coming in and giving me a kick in the butt.

Instead of feeling the Monday blahs today, let's be thankful for Mondays.  It means that we have to go to work, which means we have a job.  It's another day we get to spend with our loved ones.  And it's another day to set some new goals for the week.

Remember last weeks goals?  I didn't 100% achieve them, but I gave it my best.  I will be making new goals this week.  Stay tuned this week for more posts to give perspective.  If anyone has anything they would like me to write about...or if they would like to be a guest blogger...please feel free to contact me to give me YOUR perspective.  Happy Monday everyone! 


 

2 comments:

Have Chef Will Travel said...

I cried because I had no shoes, until I saw a man with no feet.

Have Chef Will Travel said...

I cried because I had no shoes, until I saw a man with no feet.

Post a Comment