Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

One Year Ago Today: March 21st

One year ago today....I was officially put on bed rest (already been on bed rest for a few days, but it was made official on the 21st) and I was officially on maternity leave from work.

http://danidoit.blogspot.com/2011/03/bed-rest-and-no-longer-working.html

In this post I explained what was going on with the baby and the pregnancy...and did I complain about being bored?!  Wow...I sort of remember what that feels like but it seems like a lifetime ago.  I feel like I will never be bored again.  Who has time to be bored?  Who could be bored while being entertained by the cutest, funniest, whiniest, neediest (are these words?) and most beautiful thing you have ever seen?

There is no room for boredom when you have children.  That is one thing I have learned.  I have learned many lessons in the past year.  I knew my life would change, but I had no idea how much.  I knew I wanted to be a better example for my daughter, but I had no idea how much meaning that would mean to me.

As we approach my daughter's first birthday, I will continue reflecting on this time last year and some things I have learned.  For example, who knew last year at this time that I would no longer want to play the game Angry Birds because I was sick of playing it while on bed rest! haha!

And....coming soon...my shameless plugging to donate to the Cystic Fibrosis Great Strides walk.  We will be participating again this year, links coming soon with updated pictures of Vivien and Zoe too!  Maybe Zoe will be walking by the time we reach our walk in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment