Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

My Baby Ate Dog Food

....and other reasons I won't be Mother of the Year.  :)

On Friday my daughter was crawling around on the floor and kept going after the dog's food.  And of course she decided to try some at the exact same time I was on the phone with my boss.  And of course I didn't dig it out of her mouth on time. 

It must taste good because she tried the same thing last night.

She's starting to get better at hiding the food in her cheeks though.  After I dug the food out of her mouth last night, once I had my back turned, my husband informed me there was still more in her mouth.

I let her play with toys that say 3+, even though she's only one.  We do supervise her, but I'm sure there is someone out there who might yell at me for this.  But why are bubbles 3+ anyway?  It's not like I'm letting her drink the bottle of soapy water.

On more than one occasion her meal for dinner or lunch has been milk, cheese and goldfish crackers.  Gone are the days when we were going to feed her only all natural organic products.  Pop-tarts and Doritos were going to be special treats at Grandma and Grandpa's house.

We totally gave her a taco-flavored Dorito last week.  And she loves french fries.

Sometimes she only gets a bath once a week.  She doesn't always go to bed on time.  We don't get to read her a story every night and we should probably be better about brushing her teeth.

But I don't need to be Mother of the Year.  Just Zoe's Mom.  We had a great weekend with lots of smiles and laughter.  And we think we might have our first word....not Mama.  Not Dada.  It might be..... dog.

Oscar really is the star in our family anyway. :)

Happy Monday everyone...today's Motivation?  
Try to be the best at something to one person in your life. You don't need to please everyone all the time.  


2 comments:

Have Chef Will Travel said...

Mimi once caught me eating a catipilla when I was a baby,at least that is what I was told. I guess I was a foodie evan then LOL.

Dani said...

I have to make an addendum here. I had some concerned individuals email me about the cleanliness of my daughter. Don't worry, she isn't the smelly kid. I exaggerated...a little. I think that only happened once that she only got a bath once that week. She usually gets one every other night or so. And I'm so picky about how clean she (and everything else around me) is, that I practically sponge bathe her after every meal. :)

Post a Comment