Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Quick Post - Yay Friday!

It's Friday!  And it's beautiful outside....and it's pay day!  yay!

And speaking of pay day....you know what's coming...

Another post requesting contributions for my fund raiser for Cystic Fibrosis.  Even just one dollar will mean so much to me.  I need to raise $700 more to reach my goal.  I'm hoping to at the very least match my goal from last year and I am halfway there!  Every dollar you donate is put to VERY good use by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

Why do we (Anthony, Zoe, Oscar too!) do this?  Because our good friends have a daughter who was diagnosed with CF when she was just two weeks old.  All of the money we raise goes into helping families with CF and helping fund research to find a cure, so the money we raise will directly impact this precious little girl's life.  Why else?  CF is a genetic disease.  In order to get CF you need two parents who carry the gene.  Anthony's family is a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis.  We learned about this through another family member.  When I was pregnant, I had genetic testing done to make sure I was not a carrier, and I wasn't.

BUT...our friend's story could have been ours!  They also had the testing done and they thought they were in the clear.  It turns out they had a very rare genetic mutation that carried CF.  You can imagine how heartbreaking and confusing it must have been for them when they got their diagnosis.  Groups like the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and the Great Strides Walk people helped them cope.

You can read about their story here (and see an adorable picture of their daughter who has CF):
(You can also donate on their page...but skip to next link if you want to directly donate on MY page. :) )
http://www.cff.org/great_strides/dsp_donationPage.cfm?registeringwalkid=7999&idUser=437517

Please consider a donation, all transactions are secure, you can visit my fundraising page here:
http://www.cff.org/Great_Strides/DanielleVello

Happy Friday everyone, I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  And don't forget...you donate to my cause, I'll help you with yours! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment