Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Taking on Amazon

I don't like monopolies.  I think competition is healthy.  It breeds creativity and improvement to the service or product.  When one person or company has all the control, the product or service will suffer.  And "the people" will keep using it because they don't have a choice.

I love my e-reader...but I'm happy it's not a Kindle.  That's not to say I don't like Amazon, I do.  I even have an Amazon Visa card.  I buy lots of things through Amazon.  But I was happy to read this article:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/daring-cut-off-amazon-140209029.html

After I was impressed with the bravado of the CEO of this company...I realized that I also have some books from this publisher...and guess what?  I love them!  And plan on ordering some more at the holidays this year.

Now to go track down my local independent consultant!

Please support your local, independent retailers along with saving your money at the retailing "giants."

I'm now stepping off my soapbox. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment