Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pizza Engagement!

Before you start today's post, remember yesterday's about grain?  Just to remind you, grain is important for pizza and apparently for zombies as well. Are you confused? Check out yesterday's post. :) And then check out the grain on my friend Lana's blog:  http://walkingtheoff-beatenpath.blogspot.com/2012/05/wordless-wednesday-whats-growing-on.html

There are some cute animals pictures there as well!

And now back to our topic this week, pizza.

Did you know that my husband proposed to me with a pepperoni pizza?
I'm sure many of my readers have already heard this story, but maybe some of new readers have never heard it? I looked through my past blog posts and I don't think I have ever blogged about it, so here goes!

(I love re-telling this story anyway...and it's about pizza, so it goes with my theme!)
 
One quick note before the story begins: Anthony hates pepperoni on his pizza and it's pretty much all I want on my pizza, so we usually compromise and always get plain cheese.
 
Sunday, June 29, 2008:
A typical Sunday would be Anthony working at his second job and I would usually be cleaning around the condo, getting laundry done, etc.  I usually had dinner ready for Anthony when he got home. On this particular Sunday, I was not feeling well and had been really sick the night before. Anthony mentioned that instead of me cooking dinner, he was in the mood for pizza anyway. Since pizza is my favorite food, he knew that I would not refuse (even though I didn't feel well). I volunteered to pick up the pizza but Anthony said not to worry about it and that he would pick it up. (I didn't suspect a thing.)
 
Anthony brings home the pizza later that night and since I didn't eat all day, I was pretty hungry. He puts the box down on the counter and I immediately open it up to grab a slice. The first thing I see is that there is a topping on our pizza:
"You got the wrong pizza!"
"I did?"
"Yes, it has pepperoni on it.....wait a minute, there's a message...Does this say what I think it says?!"
"Yes, yes it does."
 
 
Now, if he had said in response to my question: "Why, what does it say?" I would have closed the box and told him we had someone else's pizza. But we had the right pizza, and it spelled out in pepperonis "Will You Marry Me?"

At this point the tears started and I was shaking...he put a small ring box on the counter next to the pizza and told me how much he loved me and how he didn't want to spend his life with anyone else. And of course, I said yes!

And the best part?  
He ate the pizza....he really loves me if he would eat pizza he didn't like, just because it was my favorite.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment