Pages

Thursday, June 07, 2012

Last Day of Work

Today doesn't feel real to me. It's my last day in this position. I'm really going to miss working here, mostly because of my co-workers.

Wait, what's going on?

I got a new job. I start next week and today is my last day in my "old" job. In previous posts I kept mentioning a change that was coming, but I wasn't ready to talk about it. I normally don't talk about work on my blog.

But I want to write today, if only to record how I feel.

I feel very odd today. Not sure if I am happy or sad. It's hard to be too sad when my leaving has created some great opportunities for my co-workers, people that I really like and I want them to be happy. I'm also happy because my new job will be exactly what my family needs and my new co-workers seem really nice.

If I can remember this far back, this is almost what it felt like on the last day of school, it's sad but happy all at the same time. It's feeling giddy and nervous at the same time. It doesn't hurt that it's almost mid-June and that is when the last day of school came for most of us.

All that's missing is a Field Day. :)

I'm a little nervous about the unknown. But I really do enjoy a challenge and I think I will enjoy learning some new technology and getting to know some new people. Being closer to home will be very nice too.

I am thankful that with modern technology, I'll be able to keep in touch with my old co-workers. When you spend 9 hours a day, five days a week with people, you get to know each other. You become friends as well as co-workers. The professional and personal lines get blurred as you get to know each other's kids and pets names. These are the best kinds of co-workers, people you can count on. It will be easy to miss these kinds of co-workers, but it will also be easy to stay in touch. So today I am definitely feeling sad. Hopefully I won't cry too much. :)

Unless I come up with something interesting...you may not see a new post for a while. I want to get on a new routine and schedule with the new job. I'm off on a new adventure!

2 comments:

Chris H said...

Wish you the best of luck! You will be missed, but have fun on your new adventure!

Lynsay said...

I know exactly what you mean - I cried when I had to leave because it was what was best for my family too. It's a wonderful place to work, mostly because of the people! It's tough to move on, but hopefully you'll build new friendships with your new co-workers. And hey, we've seen the bad - nothing can be worse!
Enjoy your time off with Zoe and Anthony and good luck!!

Post a Comment