Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Almost Famous

This morning the radio DJ's were talking about how one of their sons had "run in" to Oprah at an airport and they wanted to know, who's the most famous person you have met and how did you meet them.

I actually have a great story about that, but I didn't call in to the radio station. But I thought instead I could share it here.

I believe it was the summer between my junior and senior year of high school. Or maybe it was the summer after my senior year? I can't remember, my memory is just not what it used to be. I'm sure I have a journal from back then that I can consult, but I don't have time to dig it out.

A friend and I were at the fair and we had specifically gone looking for a fruit punch or strawberry slushie. We split the slushie because we were kids and didn't have tons of money.

So here we are walking across the fairgrounds sharing a slushie....and not looking where we are going. And of course we bumped into someone, and we spilled our slushie on this someone.

Who was this someone? It was Steven Tyler from Aerosmith.  No joke!
He was so nice to us. We immediately started apologizing and he said "that's okay girls" and he put his hand on my shoulder. I debated not washing that shoulder for about five minutes, but I continued to joke about not washing that shoulder for the rest of the summer. :)

We were so startled by the turn of events, we weren't sure how to react. We did eventually ask for his autograph, and he told us that he just wanted to enjoy the fair with his family. So we were disappointed we didn't get an autograph but at the same time we were impressed with how nice he was and how he really was just trying to have a normal evening with his family.

So that is how I remember the story, but my memory just isn't what is used to be...more on that subject next week. :)

1 comment:

Amy Hanson said...

I didn't know that story....

Post a Comment