Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Doppelganger

What is the definition of a doppleganger?
According to Wikipedia, it's basically your evil twin. There are a lot of evil and bad vibes surrounding seeing your double apparently.

But what if you saw someone else's doppelganger? (Anyone watch How I Met Your Mother? There is a whole story arc about doppelgangers.)

In any case, at a party at the beginning of the month I met the twin or doppelganger of a friend of mine. This was a friend who I have known since 1998. And I couldn't stop staring at this other person who was clearly not him, but looked so much like him!

Why did this freak me out? Because my friend is gay and I used to have a crush on him. And his new evil twin?  Very straight.  He came to this party with his girlfriend, his girlfriend was a friend of the host, this guy didn't know anyone.  He had no idea he walked into a party where everyone knew his double.

How was I to know that a straight version of this most amazing gay friend existed?! Talk about messing with my mind! I didn't dwell on these thoughts for too long, after all, I am very happily married to the perfect man for me, but man, it was weird!

When I was in junior high and high school there was a girl one year behind me who looked similar to me. If you saw us at a quick glance you might have mixed us up. The funny part is that one of my ex-boyfriends ended up dating her. :)

I went out with a twin once. On our second date I met his twin brother. For the rest of the night I wondered if I was out with the right twin. I didn't go out with him (or his twin) again.

Anyone ever meet someone's double?

1 comment:

JoAnne said...

Now my curiousity is up!

Post a Comment