Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Finger Paint!

I made something that I thought was really cool for my daughter.

Check it out:
 




So what is it? It's a finger painting thing-a-ma-jiggy. It's one of those crafty type of things that you might read about or hear about from some other parents. (I was going to say moms...but maybe some dads would think of it as well.)

All it is, is finger paint inside of a large ziplock bag. I used the giant freezer size bag. I put the paint in the four corners of the bag, sealed it shut and then I taped all four sides down to a piece of cardboard (you could always do this on any flat surface like a table). I chose to tape it down just in case my daughter punctured it or figured out how to open the bag. Once it is complete, your child can then finger paint, swirl the colors etc, all with no mess! It's also kind of squishy and just fun to touch.

I brought this out last night and my husband asked what it was. Then he laughed and said "You just took all the fun out of finger painting." Apparently the messy part is the fun part.

Personally, I thought this was genius!  All the fun, no mess.

Well, he was right. I took the fun out of it. My daughter had no interest and I ended up playing with it more than she did. She did try to say the word "squishy" though, which was very cute.
She had way more interest in his laptop and the remotes than she did playing with the new toy.

I guess I need to suck it up and let her get messy. :) When I do...there will be pictures! :)

3 comments:

JoAnne said...

Get one of those small plastic pools, for Zoe to play in afterwards!!

Ronja said...

Haha... I had pinned this exact activity onto my "for my niece" board. Guess she wasn't into it.

Kris said...

I did this for Mak, it's taped under her tray so when I remove the tray i have something to keep he busy while I clean up

Post a Comment