Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Where did my oldies go?

I need to find a new place to get my 1950's music fix.

Well, it's actually been a long time since I was able to get my 50's music fix. I used to listen to a great oldies station in my area. And at some point in the past few years they must have decided that the 50's were too old. Because they moved up a few decades and started playing 60's, 70's, and 80's.

EIGHTIES MUSIC IS OLD?!?!

Okay, once I got over that, I settled in to this new version of the oldies.

Then the other day I flipped to that station and they are now playing very modern music. In fact, they are playing today's "hit music". They sound a lot like another hit music station...but instead of playing the same 10-15 songs all day, they play the same 15-20 songs all day. :)

I actually have heard a few new songs with this station...and no dj's (so far) and not too many commercials (so far)...so really...not too bad!

But it just isn't the oldies any more. I now go elsewhere for my music fix.

Wait...instead of telling you about it here...I just got inspired for another post for Ask the Motherboard!  I'll write about it there...

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Yeah... Oldies 103.3 just vanished a week or so ago. I prefer WROR (105.7), but it's also 60s, 70s, and 80s billed as "classic rock" and that makes me feel old.

Post a Comment