Pages

Thursday, August 09, 2012

Don't be sad...

Yesterday I went to the grocery store with Zoe. She loves sitting in the cart and looking at all the food and people as we walk around. As we are walking down an aisle, a man approaches us and says to Zoe:

"Don't be sad..."

(and I smile because she always looks sad...that's just her expression...but the smile gets frozen on my face...)

And he continues:

"...someday your Mama will be in a nursing home and won't be able to do her own hair and you can give her the same stupid hairstyle."

And he walks away.

And I stood there with a stupid grin on my face. Frozen. In shock.

He just said what?!?!

I was quite offended, because I didn't think her hair looked all that stupid. A little funny maybe, but not stupid. I came home and told the story to Anthony....he laughed.  I told the story to my parents. They also laughed.

I can see the humor now...but at the time I wanted to yell after the guy "Hey you jerk! Keep away from my kid!"

And here she is...maybe I should try pigtails?


Notice the "I'M THE FAVORITE" t-shirt?  I find it hilarious. Especially because she is the only.
Well, if you don't count Oscar. And after his stunt earlier this week, I might not! :)

4 comments:

Ronja said...

At first I was all offended too... then I saw her hair. They guy was right LOL. Go for pigtails!

Anonymous said...

I would have been offdended too! think she looks cute.

-Maeg

Kris said...

I would have drop kicked him in the junk but that's just my style

Anonymous said...

Haha...I like Kris's style! Is that wrong?

-Maeg

Post a Comment