Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Soda...

So I know that I really shouldn't be drinking soda. Especially if I am trying to lose weight.

And I try not to drink diet soda because I don't like eating (or drinking) aspartame.

But this weekend I had a headache and kinda wanted something bubbly. I was visiting my parent's house and I looked in their fridge.

They had lots of diet soda and one or two bottles of root beer and some orange soda.

I really don't like orange soda and I know my dad loves that kind of root beer. So I left those alone. I found one half of a regular soda. That obviously belonged to someone else.

I decided that the caffeine and cola flavor I wanted would be worth it enough to put up with the chemicals of diet soda. I picked up a can, was just about to open it, when I noticed two words:

"Caffeine Free"

What?!  Why?!

What is the point of a soda if there is no sugar and no caffeine?!?!  It's just a chemical, fake cola, flavored seltzer water at that point.

With a sigh I put it back.

Seriously, what is the point of Diet, Caffeine Free Soda?

3 comments:

Justin said...

The point is..... profit!

To the soda maker..... and the dentist and the health clubs and the dieticians and other medical personnel.

Lana Wallpe said...

Sometimes I just want the bubbles and fizz to wake me up, but I know what you mean. Then also I want something to mix with my "mommy" drink, and diet caffiene free coke goes well with rum and whiskey ;-)

Dani said...

Both very good points! :)

Post a Comment