Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Oscar DNA Update

I have some more information about Oscar's DNA tests.

Well, I have more information, hopefully we can get more later on the DNA tests.

I heard back from customer service at Mars Laboratories (they are very fast at responding!) and they will be having an actual human being scientist analyze Oscar's results. Apparently they have a computer do all the work, so they are going to take a deeper look.

Unfortunately, this can take up to 21 days. And they also asked for a picture of Oscar, which gives me the feeling they are just going to look at him and say "Oh, Border Collie." Which, that would be nice, but only if it's true.

See, I think it's doubtful that Oscar's Dad was a Border Collie, he's just too small.

Also, I have more information this week than I had last week.

I got in touch with the place where I got Oscar. The very nice lady who runs the Puppy Pen in Palmer, MA still had all of the records from when I adopted Oscar. He was puppy number 3000. She still had my name, address and everything.

She also had info on Oscar's parents! His mom was a purebreed American Eskimo who weighed 21 pounds. His dad was an American Eskimo mix who weighed 25 pounds. He was from Ware, MA.

Oscar only weighs about 18 pounds (he's trim and slim, it's just so hard to tell with all that fur, so skinny when he's wet!). So I believe that whatever dog gave him the black and white pattern must have been smaller. I think. I'm not really sure how it all works.

So I will update here when I hear back from the lab. :)

1 comment:

Lana Wallpe said...

Any way you look at it, Oscar is a great dog who us going to love his new home and family. You will love him, and he will be an awesome pet@

Post a Comment