Pages

Thursday, December 06, 2012

Too Many Devices.

You know you have too many personal internet/tablet/pc type of devices when you can't walk into a Best Buy without setting off the theft alarms. Twice.

I walked in to return something and I was convinced it was the box I was returning.

But then I set them off again as I was leaving. I'm going to assume it was one of the computer like devices in my purse. I should probably carry less stuff, but right now I need to carry all of them.  I should have less by the time Christmas rolls around. I'm setting up and reviewing a tablet right now for my niece which will also turn into an Ask the Motherboard post.

I really wanted to get one of those cute little wristlets that holds your smart phone and an ID and some cash (like this one from Kate Spade: iPhone 4 wristlet) but I can't because now I have to carry an EpiPen.

Have I written about that yet?

My new allergist wants me to carry an EpiPen in case I have a problem with my food allergies. Normally I would roll my eyes at this because my "food" allergies are just Oral Allergy Syndrome. Which is just a localized reaction, nothing to really worry about, especially if you can cook your fruits and veggies before eating.

Or process them so much they hardly resemble food anymore.
We can blame my tree and pollen allergies for this.

BUT...we did some blood work and it turns out that I have reactions to apples, bananas and some tree nuts. Which means that it isn't just Oral Allergy Syndrome. It's an actual real allergy.

What. A. Pain. In. The.....neck. :)

So now I carry an EpiPen which means I will never have a cute little wristlet, because did you know that they are HUGE and that they make you carry two. Just in case the first one doesn't work.

Sigh.

PS...who said I'm bad at telling people what I want for Christmas...I suggested two items this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment