Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Small break from books.

I'm taking a small break from blogging about books I am reading to bring you a cute story.

Last night we (myself, my husband and our daughter) were driving through a town to fill up our giant water jugs. That's a whole different story really.

Back to my story. My hubby and I were trying to decide what we wanted for dinner when we hit the center of town. We have been out to eat here pretty frequently, but I didn't realize just how frequently until my daughter piped up from the back:

Z: (as we enter the circle in the center of town) Eat! Eat! Eat!
Me: (laughing) Zoe, are you hungry?
Z: Pizza? Pizza?
Me and Hubby: (laughing harder) You want pizza?
Z: YUMMY!!!

I think she wanted pizza...

She continued to ask for pizza until it was right in front of her. And then she ate a giant slice of pizza all by herself. It was pretty darn cute.

At this particular pizza place there was a large gumball machine that had a giant spiral inside. After you put in the quarter, your gumball would spiral down to the bottom where you would retrieve it. Zoe thought these were balls (toys) inside, she didn't realize it was gum. And I wanted to show her how it worked. So we got a quarter from Dada and we got a hot pink gumball. She definitely liked watching it come down the spiral...because when it was done of course she said "Again?".

We didn't get her another one, but she did try and put the gumball back and then when that didn't work she walked away with it.

Then she decided to throw it. Except it didn't bounce, because even though it looked like a rubber ball, it was a gum ball. Instead it shattered. The look on her face was priceless. And then we got "Broken?"...and then "More? Again?"

So it was time to leave. I promised her we would come back and she could get another one next time we came back. I'm just wondering how long until she figures out it's candy and not a rubber ball...

If I remember and if I have time, I'll blog about more books again tomorrow...

1 comment:

Have Chef Will Travel said...

Just my opinion, but these kind of stories are the best. this is what I think you should write about, a compilation of these kind of stories.

Post a Comment