Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

True Story

Last night we went out for chinese food. I ordered a Mai Tai. That's one of my favorite parts about going to a Japanese or Chinese restaurant..I get to have a Mai Tai.

The waitress took our drink orders and walked away. When she came back with our drinks, she looked at me and very apologetically (is that a word? If not I just made it up) asked me for my ID. She must have decided after she walked away that she should have asked me.

Me? I was flattered! When was the last time someone asked me for my ID?!
I pulled out my drivers license and handed it over with a HUGE smile on my face that had nothing to do with the Mai Tai (after all, I wasn't allowed to drink it yet...drunk smiley face hadn't happened yet).

She looked at my ID...and then with a very genuine look of shock said:
"Oh wow, you are the same age as my daughter! I never would have guessed, you have such a young face!"
I'm pretty sure I was beaming for the rest of the night. The Mai Tai *might* have had something to do with it at that point.

I got home and promptly posted it on facebook and immediately it got lots of likes. I also realized after the fact that I hate facebook and I should have put it on Twitter. But I don't have any followers on Twitter.

Want to follow me?  My handle is: DaniDoIt.
I'll get notified if you follow me...so if no one does it...I probably still won't use it. :)

So this was all well and good. Until I woke up this morning and I realized that people should really be asking for identification if anyone looks under 35, isn't that the new rule? Do people not do that?

Because I'm thinking I should be bothered that I'm not carded MORE...maybe I look like I'm over 35? (which really..not a big deal..that's the birthday I'm facing this year....)

It must be the gray hairs...I'll have to go do something about that.

And speaking of hair, I have recently taken to wearing it curly. A LOT of people like it. I'm undecided. But I realized last night while watching the Grammys why people like it. Because Taylor Swift (she's so darn cute!) has taken to straightening her hair...and I thought it looked better big, wild, and curly.

And then I was like, "oh! I get it!".

Curly hair it is. :)

True story.

2 comments:

Marybeth Feutz said...

I love it when I get carded! And I follow you on Twitter... even name-drop every once in a while! ;)

Justin said...

You can get twitter to auto-post to facebook so one post goes to both places. I used to do that.

Post a Comment