Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Can't sleep?

This article might help.

I unfortunately have trouble sleeping. It's a combination of factors. Some anxiety, I'm a light sleeper, I don't have a consistent bedtime...etc etc etc. My daughter has always been a great sleeper but for the past few months she has been crying/whining/screaming at bedtime for about two hours.

And then she will wake up randomly at 2am or 3am or 5am to do it again. (usually for a shorter amount of time)

Wouldn't it be nice to have something that will help us fall asleep...that isn't an over the counter sleep aid?  Unfortunately the foods in this article won't help me, I'm allergic to most of them.
But maybe they can help you.
http://health.yahoo.net/experts/menshealth/6-surprising-foods-put-you-sleep

Note to self...start feeding Zoe bananas every night for dessert...

This past weekend we started Zoe in her toddler bed (converted her crib) and it's working out MUCH better. Now we just need to fix it so that she doesn't fall out. She is starting to voluntarily go to bed again.  Now I just need to learn how to sleep again myself.

Too much on my mind right now!

BUT...you know what would help?  Getting consistent about exercising again. I got a bad cold at the beginning of February, couldn't breathe for almost a month...and just stopped. :(  I was doing so well too!  I have gotten on the treadmill a few times this month, but I lost my consistency.  A few people I know are losing weight and doing a great job...it's time for me to join them and get back to it.

I just need to find some motivation.  I'll work on that.

1 comment:

Dani Vello said...

A few more articles to help: http://healthyliving.msn.com/health-wellness/sleep/how-to-get-to-sleep-fast-8-simple-ideas

and

http://healthyliving.msn.com/health-wellness/sleep/sleep-like-a-baby-tonight

Post a Comment