Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Cystic Fibrosis Great Strides

It's spring! Easter, Zoe's birthday and my birthday are right around the corner. I can't help but think back to what I was doing just two years ago.  http://danidoit.blogspot.com/2011/03/help-dani-do-it-help-others-with-cystic.html

What was I doing? Lying down in bed feeling incredibly lazy, bored and selfish. :) So I decided to do something about it.

This is our third year participating in the Great Strides walk for Cystic Fibrosis.  Why do we do this?  For two reasons, #1, our good friends daughter was diagnosed with CF when she was just two weeks old. It was quite a shock for them, but they have taken it in stride. (Stride, get it? haha)

The second reason we participate is because the gene for Cystic Fibrosis runs in our family and our children carry the gene. If they have children with someone else with a genetic marker for Cystic Fibrosis, there is a 25% chance their child will be born with Cystic Fibrosis.

Don't hold me to that math...I'm trying to remember back to 10th grade biology. Feel free to correct me. :)

Vello Family at the Zoo last year.

If you visit our donation page, you can see a picture of Zoe with her friend Vivien. This is a great event for families and nearly 90 cents of every dollar raised goes directly to investing in vital CF research.

I'm asking you to reach into your pockets and help us in finding a cure for this genetic disease. A donation of even one dollar can make the difference and I love and appreciate every penny donated.
Last year, as an incentive to get donors, we promised a picture of Zoe at the zoo.  We more than delivered on that promise, as I sent out a bunch of pictures to our donors.

This year, as an incentive, I'll be adding to that. A thank you note from Zoe for helping her friend Vivien. Yes, I know...this will just be a scribbled on thank you note..but still...it will be unique art from Zoe...to make it even better, I'll send it as a digital document, so it won't even kill trees and clutter up your fridge.  Unless you want fridge clutter, that's up to you...let me know and we can send you an original or you can just print the one I email to you. I don't know, maybe you want to kill some trees.  I can't judge right? ;)

How do you help? Click on my link below to donate or join us in the walk! The link below has all the information you will need.  THANK YOU from all of us.

So...long story short...please donate, here is the link:
http://www.cff.org/Great_Strides/dsp_DonationPage.cfm?walkid=8591&idUser=456973



No comments:

Post a Comment