Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Don't Go to Mexico

Just please don't.

There is a lot of crime and corruption down there right now. And it's so unfortunate for those who just want to live their lives and can't get away from it. I feel for the innocent children caught up in all of this.

BUT...I think the rest of the world can send a message to countries just like Mexico...by NOT visiting. If the tourism stops, if the money stops, it sends a clear message.

We don't support this.

Don't get me started on pulling our money out of other countries.

Anyway, here is the article I read this morning that got me all fired up about it. You think the violence only happens far away from the tourist spots? Think again, this was in CANCUN.  You know that place right?  I went with my family for spring break my senior year of college. (our last family trip now that I think about it...)

And so did a lot of other spring breakers that year:

http://news.yahoo.com/six-strangled-one-decapitated-mexican-resort-cancun-010430975.html

No comments:

Post a Comment