Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Snarfblat

Why snarfblat? It's about the most polite word I could think of today.
Originally I had titled this post with a series of symbols and characters which would typically stand in for swear words. But if you don't have something nice to say, you should say nothing at all.

And then for some reason "Snarfblat" stuck in my head. Those who like Disney's "The Little Mermaid" will remember it's what Scuttle the bird calls a smoking pipe:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdzcztw9xu1r3gr6c.gif

And you know what? The word and what is happening above, sums up how I feel right now. (and it's cheering me up at the same time)

Last week was a tough week for Boston. I grew up just south of Boston and if there is any city that I love (I'm more of a woods and lake kinda gal), it's the city of Boston. Nothing says "home" to me more than that city. I would travel through it on our way to and from Maine as a child. It was the airport I flew into every time I came home from a long trip. "Boston you're my home!"

So you can imagine after the last week my mind is a bit weary.
But on top of that, I have so many other things going on in my life.

Happening in the next two weeks:
I'm moving and packing...and my new house? Not ready yet.
Car inspection, oil change, other work and registration...needs to be done this week.
Fund raising for Cystic Fibrosis?  Yes, I reached my goal...but I'm going for more.  And I got my daughter started on those thank you pieces of artwork.
My sister-in-laws baby shower is coming up and I have been assisting the ladies hosting the party.
And then I started getting phone calls and letters from a mortgage company. Turns out my condo that I thought was out of my hair isn't quite out of it yet.
And my hubby bought a new car. (that was in Watertown..we weren't sure we were still getting it)
And the packing and the cleaning...and just taking care of a 2 year old.
But to top it all off?
My Mimi, the matriarch of my family, passed away.

So all that stuff I was going to work on this week? Now needs to be done in just a few days so I can go be with my family. I have another post planned for AsktheMotherboard.com as well.
BUT.
I'm going to be taking a break from blogging, social media and other stuffs so I can concentrate on family and getting things done. If I'm MIA for a while...you will know why. I'll try to come back in a few weeks. (And I might squeeze in another post or two about Cystic Fibrosis.)

So when life gets you down....instead of getting angry, or mad...or even sad. Just think SNARFBLAT.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment