Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Chili's - It's Electric!

Most of my friends and family know that I have a thing for Chilis. This is the restaurant chain that has that awesome food that is really not good for you.  Zoe likes Chili's too. She loves eating the chips and the oranges that come with the kids meals.

Unfortunately for me and Zoe...Anthony hates this restaurant. We never go. Zoe and I have to go alone or with someone else who likes it.

Story Time!

This past weekend we were driving to meet our new nephew who was born on Saturday (Happy Birthday little guy! Welcome to the world!). We had a late start to our day and by the time we left the hospital we needed to feed Zoe. And I had a really bad headache. It felt like it was going to turn into a migraine. I wasn't sure what to do.

Anthony said he found a place for us to go eat.  He's driving around this shopping area ....and he pulls into a Chilis. I gave him this look of pure shock. He HATES chain restaurants. He looked back at me and said "you'll see why I picked this place in a minute."

At first I'm thinking he's trying to be nice to me...picking my favorite restaurant etc. But then we pull around back and I see a sign "Free for Chilis Customers".  It was an electric car charging station!
And we just so happened to have an Electric Car.

Long story short...I was happy. Zoe was happy and the car was happy (so Anthony was too).
MMMMmmmm.....Chilis!

This story sounded better in my head before I wrote it.  Sorry about that. haha.

3 comments:

JoAnne said...

I get it! It's a great story. Now, if we can only make all chain restaurants.... Electric!!

Have Chef Will Travel said...

Gee, Anthony have that in commen,But as I always say, if you can't lore them with Substance, fool them with Glitter. Big Grin

Have Chef Will Travel said...

What I ment to say and I did not write it corectly, was that I do not like Chain Resteraunts either. Ok, my grammer is terrible, But I am a Cook, not a writer.

Post a Comment