Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

SRL: Born Wicked & Star Cursed by Jessica Spotswood


SRL is short for Summer Reading List. It's just easier than typing it over and over again.

After I read each book I'm going to do my best to review it on all the major sites (Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, etc.)  At least that's my plan...

Since I have already talked about the Cahill Witch Chronicles A LOT, I'm not going to write a whole lot here.

But I do have this to say....
Star Cursed did not disappoint!  I had a VERY hard time putting it down. I definitely stayed up way later than I should have to read it. I can't wait to read this book again! Unfortunately I have a huge summer reading list to get through...so maybe this fall I'll get another chance at it. :)

Everything from the first book continues with this book...and then takes you steps further.

The Brotherhood makes you more angry. The drama between the sisters escalates. The romance is more forbidden.

Even though this series takes place in an alternate history of New England, the characters and story seem very plausible and REAL (yes, even with the magic!) Jessica Spotswood has a gift for turning characters into real people.

If you haven't picked up Born Wicked yet, go for it, you won't be disappointed...and then eagerly pick up your copy of Star Cursed.  Then start cursing that the third book isn't available yet!!  The ending may not shock you...but it will certainly get you fired up!

Want to chat with me about these books?  Leave comments...let's start a discussion!

Are you on Goodreads?  If yes and you want to be "friends" there, let me know!

1 comment:

Tara said...

So I read them both (just picked up Star Cursed last Saturday) and I have been enjoying the series. The first one was a little slow for me but I am really enjoying the character of Finn. The character of Maura I find to particularly irk me, because she is that person who we desperately love and want to relate to relate to but she just won't let us. The events at the end of the second book (left purposefully vague by me) are heartbreaking and I can't wait for the third book to see how it's resolved.

Post a Comment