Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

This Side of Jealousy by Lili Peloquin

I'm sneaking in another book on my reading list.  This one wasn't on the original list, but it was a free advanced copy offered to me by the publisher so that I could review it.  (LOVE THAT!!! Send more!)
This is book number TWO in a series...so if you don't want a spoiler...skip this and go read about the first one here:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13513071-the-innocents

Ready to hear about Book two?

Alice and Charlie haven’t stopped fighting since they arrived in Serenity Point two weeks ago. Those two weeks changed their lives. And Serenity Point has changed them.

Charlie has a new group of friends and a new life. Jude and Cybill are beautiful, exciting, and dangerously seductive. And though Sasha is proving to be a friend and confidante to Alice, Alice can’t get away from the people, places, and events that mire her in the past.

Alice loves Tommy, but the memory of Camilla, dead and gone, is driving a wedge between them. And Alice’s ex-boyfriend Patrick won’t give up on her, no matter what she says to keep him away. Jude is slowly giving up his bad boy ways for Charlie—but Cybill continues to come between them. And then Nick arrives: Dr. Van Stratten’s former intern seems to know things about last summer— things that Jude and Tommy would rather not be revealed. Alice is determined to find out what.

While the sisters grapple with the terrible truth about their family, the one-year memorial of Camilla’s death looms. The tension mounts and sparks fly as bright as July Fourth fireworks. Alice and Charlie are desperate to find out the truth that everyone seems to be hiding.

Is Camilla their enemy and rival—even six feet under? Or is she their sister, whose memory they have to protect? And what really happened to her that night on the bridge? In a town built on secrets and lies, can the truth stay buried for long?
I had actually already read the first book in this series and while I enjoyed it, I hadn't planned on picking up the next book.  But now that I have read the second one...I'm probably...okay, let's make that definitely going to pick up the third book. While I had trouble relating to the characters (they act a lot more like stupid college kids than high school kids) I am now sucked into the mysteries surrounding the drama in Serenity Point.  Now I have to know what happened!!

These books are the perfect last minute "beach" book for that last trip to the great outdoors before school begins. I highly recommend picking them up.

And now I have to know...did anyone you know in high school act like these crazy kids?!  I definitely wasn't cool enough...or maybe stupid enough.

Check out the facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/theinnocentsbooks

The second book in this series is out on Tuesday, August 20th! 

Want to learn more about the author?  I got to email back and forth with her, she's really cool and we unexpectedly found out we have a few things in common.  She has a bio/FAQ's on her website that does a WAY better job of interviewing than I could....so go learn more and pick up your copy today!
http://lilipeloquin.com/bio/

No comments:

Post a Comment