Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

blah blah blah...thoughts for the day

I'm a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl.  I like to dress it up with some sassy boots, but really, I like to go casual.  So as you can imagine, unless it's for new jeans and I just lost 30 pounds, I don't enjoy clothes shopping.

BUT...I have two weddings coming up.  And in my current state (five months pregnant) none of my clothes fit. And I have no idea what size I am except bigger than I want to be.

So I went clothes shopping...and it sucked.  I was hot and sweaty and trying to wrestle myself into clothes that were a size I thought I would never wear.  It might have been better for me if I had gone and looked at maternity dresses, but my belly isn't big enough for those.  And have you seen maternity dresses?  YECH!

I'm pregnant. Not dead or without a sense of style.

I finally found two dresses that I think will work.  And at that I gave up. I hope that either one works because I really don't want to go back out there...

And to top it all off?  The place I like to get popcorn at?  They closed!!!
Popcorn, beer (can't have it) and cucumbers are my ONLY cravings!!!

I was a little bummed.

Okay, onto better happier things because now I sound whiny.
I'm using a rental car right now while my car is in the shop (no worries, no one hurt, I was not at fault, other people paying for it etc) and I'm driving a newer car.  With leather seats.  And Sirius Radio.

YEAH!  Bring on the 90's on the 9 channel!

I've mentioned in the past how much my daughter loves music and she hasn't heard most of this music before.  She will let you know what she likes and dislikes in the following way:

If she likes it, she will ask who it is or shout out who it is if she knows already.
If she has no opinion either way, she will stay silent and listen to it.
If she does not like it, she will ask you to change the song...and quickly.

So listening to the 90's today, she was mostly silent taking it all in I suppose.
Then a classic Mariah Carey song came on...and immediately she said "Mom, who's this?"
(yes! She has great taste)

And then a GooGoo Dolls song and immediately she asked me for a different song.
I never liked them either.  (sorry Marybeth!)

Needless to say, the 90's music and Zoe cheered me up.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Count yourself lucky- Felicia insists on listening to "her songs" in the car, and any attempts on my part to switch to a playlist of my own choosing are rejected.

Post a Comment