Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Mamma's Sing-A-Long

Last week I told you about Zoe's request for Frozen songs while I trimmed her nails.  Well that specific nail trimming had happened a few weeks ago.

Then last night I had to trim her nails again.  Again I took requests for songs.  When she asked me to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star...I asked her to sing it with me.  (this is one of the few songs I have caught her singing...like a year ago.)

And she did sing with me!  It was the cutest thing in the whole world.

We are also the world's worst singers.

My child may be obsessed with music (she can name the top 40 artists on the radio and she loves the most bizarre choices...Kimbra, Imagine Dragons, Bob Marley...Kesha and Pitbulls "Timber") but my child CANNOT CARRY A TUNE.

At least not yet.  I'll have to cut her some slack since she doesn't seem to know all the words either.
But still.  Totally adorable.  I couldn't get the grin off my face.

Then tonight as I was putting her to bed, I took requests for bedtime stories.  We read Frozen, My Pretty Pink Purse and Goodnight Moon.  Goodnight Moon has been her favorite for a very long time.
Did you know that when you read it, you should be looking for the mouse in a different spot in each of the colored pages?  I didn't know that until someone told me.

When we were all done, she asked me to sing her a song and cuddle with her.
It was past 8, but who could resist that request?  For the first song I sang "You Are My Sunshine".  I've been singing that one since she was a newborn.  I'm not the best singer...but I don't butcher that one.

After that I asked her if she had requests, and she asked me to sing the "Sven" song.  (that was the Reindeer song she wanted before) And she again giggled like crazy.  Then she said can we sing a song together?

Uh......YES.

Which song did she want?  She wanted to sing "Do You Want to Build a Snowman."
(this version is too fast, but now I have the words...)



Okay...I got this.  We started to sing it together ....which means I start and she's half a beat behind me trying to copy me.  Then I realized I didn't know all the words.   Because she won't let me sing along in the car!  I need to learn the words.

Then she kept going....she knows the words!!
But she stopped because I stopped.

So now I need to learn the words.  And practice when she isn't around.  Because she still won't let me sing in the car.  I was singing along to Katy Perry's song "Dark Horse" and from the back seat I heard:
"Mama...please don't sing."

Ouch.

Katy Perry's song:



1 comment:

Lana Wallpe said...

We LOVED looking for the mouse! At the grand age of nine, our youngest and I rediscovered our love for One FIsh Two FIsh Red Fish Blue Fish! What fun we had the other night reading it together!

Post a Comment