Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Trying to get motivated.

I'm trying to get myself motivated to get back on here and write.

I really enjoy writing on this blog and I just don't know why I haven't been doing it.
One obvious reason would be that I'm a LOT busier than I was just a few months ago.

Another reason might be that I just haven't been feeling like myself.

But I want to do it.  So to start..I'm going to share some stories about my daughter.
We took her (all of us together as a family!) to see the movie Frozen back when it first came out.  She loved it...I loved it...Dada loved it.  It was a hit.

And immediately she started asking to watch it again.  And then she wanted to watch clips on online all the time.  There's a bit of an obsession here.

We have started listening to the soundtrack on the way home each evening.  There's no singing along.  We just listen quietly while my daughter occasionally gives feedback.  (example:  "Elsa's feeling sad here.")
She doesn't sing.  And she won't let me sing either.

The one rare occasion that my daughter does hear me sing...is when I trim her nails.  When she was a baby, she wouldn't sit still and I was always worried I was going to cut her.  My daycare provider recommended that I sing to her while I do it...and it worked!  She would sit very still and concentrate on listening to me.

So the other night, I'm trimming her nails and I asked her what songs she wanted to hear.  And she wants to hear "Let It Go."  (link here, in case you haven't heard this song yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk)

Now...Idina Menzel I am not.  In fact, I should probably not be singing MOST songs. :)

So I told my daughter that I didn't know all the words because she never lets me sing it in the car. (hehe...I'm sneaky...)

So she gave me a second request.
"Mama...can you sing the Reindeer Song?"

Now that one I can handle:



She giggled like crazy and requested I sing it multiple times.  
Probably because I also do the reindeer voice. :)

More stories coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment