Pages

Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Cystic Fibrosis: Great Strides Walk!

It's that time of year again!

Three years ago while I was on bed rest, pregnant with my daughter, I decided to do something with my free time.  I had never participated in a fund raiser for a charitable cause and I was a little worried it wouldn't go well.

But it went very well!  My friends and family have been such a great support for this cause.  And I'm asking you to support this cause once again.

This year will be our 4th year participating in the Great Strides walk at the Mendon Zoo to support Viver's Givers.  Why do we do this?  For two reasons.

#1. "Viver" is Vivian, our friends daughter who has Cystic Fibrosis.  This is her team of walkers to support finding a cure for this genetic disease.

#2.  My husband's family is a genetic carrier for Cystic Fibrosis.  I don't carry the gene for it, so our children will never have Cystic Fibrosis, but they may be carriers.  It's for THEIR children that I support this cause to find a cure.

If you can find it in your heart (and pocket) to contribute even a small amount, we would be very grateful.  This year my daughter Zoe is old enough to write her name (sort of) and we will be sending thank you notes from her.  As a bonus, you will also get pictures of us at the zoo, including a rare photo of my new son!  (he will be just over a month old, same age as Zoe when she went on her first walk!)

AND...we have something else for my top three donations!
(if you want them...feel free to say no thank you!)



What are they?  Kate Spade postcards!  I got them in the mail along with some stickers. And at first I was going to keep them.  But then Zoe asked if she could color on them.  And I was very tempted to tell her no.  Because I'm a huge Kate Spade fan. But it occurred to me that I never really send post cards.  So I let her scribble...and put the stickers on them.  And now this art work can be yours! :)

Thank you in advance for any donation, we appreciate it very much!

To donate to my fundraiser, please click here:
http://fightcf.cff.org/site/TR/GreatStrides/74_Massachusetts_RI?px=1615742&pg=personal&fr_id=2164

No comments:

Post a Comment