Pages

Friday, June 20, 2014

Summer of Sequels: The Final List

Summer begins this weekend...time to break out the final Summer Reading List!

Here you go, I'll be going in this order:

The Selection Series by Kiera Cass

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Where'd You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple

Time Between Us/Time After Time - Tamara Ireland Stone

Croak Series - Gina Damico

The Elysium Chronicles - J.A. Souders

The Cahill Witch Chronicles - Jessica Spotswood

Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna/Lola) - Stephanie Perkins

The Innocents, This Side of Jealousy by Lili Peloquin

If I Stay/Where She Went - Gayle Forman


You will notice that I changed it up a bit.  I've already read the Selection Series (twice!) so I might be a little ahead of you.  This weekend I'm starting The Fault in Our Stars.  You will notice I have that one and another that is not a series.  I decided to add these in because my list seemed short.  And I've wanted to read these for a while.  I took out the Divergent series because I talked to a few people who finished it and found so many unhappy people...I decided instead to try the movies and skip the books. I've read the first one and I was happy with how it ended, so I won't push the rest of the books on myself.  Maybe I'll change my mind later...maybe not.

I also took out the UnWind series.  There is a fourth book coming out in October and I'm going to shelve those until the Fall.

I also added "The Innocents" series.  I believe the third book comes out next week, but I'm still trying to confirm that.  That is the series I recommended at the end of the summer.  I will be moving this one up on my list if the last book does come out next week.

And at the very end of my list...a movie is coming out soon for Gayle Forman's "If I Stay."  I LOVED this book and it's sequel.  I've already read them...so I added them to the end...just in case I need more.

The Cahill Witch Chronicles and Anna/Lola/Isla series by Stephanie Perkins both end in August...while I'm on vacation.  Camping in the woods!  How am I going to get my books?!?!

So...do what I did.  Head up your library and your local bookstores.  If you are local to me, feel free to borrow these from me.  A few of them I might even have multiple copies of....which you know what that means.  Giveaways!! :)

Happy beginning of summer!

(Today is also my FIFTH wedding anniversary.  I've been married that long....whoa.)

1 comment:

Tara said...

Happy anniversary!

I am already 71% done with your summer reading list, so I'm thinking I might actually finish this year.

Post a Comment