Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

July, half done!

Is it already half way through July?

Yes it is!

I'm doing well with my summer reading though I'm a bit behind on telling you about the books.  Since my list this year was all books that I wanted to read, I decided to challenge myself.  Last year I had some recommendations of books that I would normally not read.  And I think a summer reading "challenge" should well, challenge you.

I joined the summer reading program at my local library!  It was only four books and right now I'm working on the first one.  My challenges are:
1. Read any book of short stories.
2. Read any book from our "staff picks" display.
3. Read one of our "mystery date" books.
4. Read a science fiction book.

Right now I'm working on "Good in Bed" by Jennifer Weiner, which is a "staff pick".  I'm not super into it, but the writing style is good and so far it's an easy challenge.  I already picked my "mystery date" book and I'll explain more about that later.

I'm taking recommendations for science fiction and short stories.  Technically my Time After Time series by Tamara Ireland Stone would fall under Science Fiction, but I was debating adding another book so as not to cheat on my summer reading.

What else have I been up to?  Well...I made three goals for myself this summer.
1. Finish my summer reading.
2. No jeans at work.  (doing pretty good at this one...so far I have not worn jeans to work at all this summer!)
3. Lose 10 pounds.

I'm not doing so well on that last one. I keep trying to cut back calories ....and I'll do well one day, but not the next.  I'm hoping to do some grocery shopping and meal planning this coming week.  I'm hoping that will help.  I also joined a 30-day plank challenge this month.  We are half way through and doing great. I'm glad I am in the group though, because I think I would have given up by now if it wasn't for seeing everyone else post about their planks.

Plus they post about their meals and other workouts.  All I'm doing is planking for now...
Maybe next week I can do the reduced calories.
Then after that add more exercise.

But seeing what everyone else is doing is VERY motivating.
Anyone else working on losing weight this summer?


No comments:

Post a Comment