Pages

Friday, August 08, 2014

Addicted Reader Confession

I have a confession to make.

I've gotten a little out of order on my Summer Reading.  You see...I got a phone call the other day from my local bookstore letting me know that a book I had pre-ordered was available.  Even though it shouldn't be coming out until...... (not saying, I don't want to give it away.)

I don't want this bookstore to get in trouble, but I might have failed to mention that the book doesn't technically come out yet.  BECAUSE I COULDN'T WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON IT.

And even though I am currently in the middle of the "Croak" series by Gina Damico...I immediately put that down and devoured the book.

And it was spectacular and everything I wanted it to be...and well ....worth the wait!

So where am I?  I finished my local library's summer reading and I'm back on to my own list.
I've finished the following so far:

The Selection Series - Kiera Cass
The Fault in Our Stars - John Green
Where'd You Go Bernadette - Maria Semple
Time Between Us/Time After Time - Tamara Ireland Stone

I still need to blog about my review for the Time Between Us series.  I was mostly happy with that one. And if I dig around in my messy bookshelves...I'm pretty sure I have a giveaway for that post.
I'm currently in the middle of Croak, so what else is left?

The Elysium Chronicles - J.A. Souders
The Cahill Witch Chronicles - Jessica Spotswood
Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna/Lola) - Stephanie Perkins
The Innocents, This Side of Jealousy - Lili Peloquin
If I Stay/Where She Went - Gayle Forman

I am going to be changing up the order on these books.  I'm moving The Elysium Chronicles to the end and I might be taking If I Stay/Where She Went off the list.  I mostly put that last series on there so that I would have more room if I ran out of books before the end of summer.  Or if I finished before final books could come out for Stephanie Perkins, Jessica Spotswood and Lili Peloquin.  AND...technically I read both of those last summer.  So I don't need to read them again.

Well, I want to read them again, I just don't HAVE to.

I'll have more giveaways at the end of summer, so stay tuned!
(And I still haven't worn jeans to work....and I'm down a few pounds, woohoo!)


No comments:

Post a Comment