Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Halloween 2014

We are just about prepped and ready to go.

The dust in my house just adds to that whole Halloween feel right?  Like cobwebs right?

Our town celebrates Halloween on the Sunday before Halloween. In the middle of the afternoon. Chances are there is a football game on at the same time.  This stinks.

Last year....it wasn't too bad. I got to meet all my neighbors which was nice.

This year we invited some friends over to watch the game.  And it will be fun to see all the kids in their costumes.  I still might have to do something on the actual Halloween night though.  Otherwise, after tomorrow..it will feel like it's all over already.

So...are we ready?  yep!

1. Decorated the house with our least scary decorations.  Hey, my oldest is three, don't want nightmares. I like sleeping at night thank you very much.

2. Candy is sorted.  Wait...why do we sort candy before the fun begins?  We put our favorite candy in the bottom of the barrel. We do this so that just in case there is any leftover, we will have our favorites at the end. (we had none leftover last year....)

3. Small cheap toys are ready.  This is for the kids with food allergies. We are participating because I also have food allergies and it would suck if I went trick or treating and I couldn't actually get anything.  Want more information about this? It's called the Teal Pumpkin project:
http://www.foodallergy.org/teal-pumpkin-project#.VEvzB4t4obs

4. Fruit snacks are ready for the wee little ones who can't eat candy.  We even have granola bars if anyone is feeling like a granola bar.

5. Costumes are ready.  I have a She-Ra t-shirt.  Easiest and Best costume. EVER.

6. Friends invited over to watch football game and enjoy the fun.

7. Football snacks, Halloween snacks....bring it!  We are ready!

1 comment:

Aunt Kathy said...

#2 - hahaha............. I do the same thing!

Post a Comment