Pages

Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Christmas Casualties

We had our first Christmas casualties today.  

I was chatting with my dad on video chat and I saw out of the corner of my eye on the ground a stuffed animal that looked like one that I purchased for my son for Christmas.  So I asked my husband if our dog Oscar had gotten into anything today. He replied that Oscar had been in his office all day today.

The office also happens to be one of my hiding spots for some Christmas presents. Including Oscar's Christmas presents.  Which includes yummy smelling bones.
Guess which bag got ripped open today?

Oscar didn't find HIS presents...but he found that stuffed animal dog I had purchased for my son. And it's not in gift-giving condition anymore.  I'm not sure what to do with it....
I ended up going into the bag and digging out the bone that Oscar wanted and gave it to him...leaving his other presents for Christmas Day.  I'm hoping this will stop his digging into the bag....

Although I guess I could just take them out and start wrapping them....and then I won't have to worry about the kids presents getting ruined...just Oscar finding his early. I guess I'll be making an extra trip to the store tomorrow to replace that stuffed animal. 

So dogs are a bit destructive to presents.  
And not-quite-two year olds don't really go with Christmas trees....

My daughter was really looking forward to decorating our tree tonight. I got out a few ornaments for her to hang and of course her brother wanted to hang some up as well.  I figured candy canes were safe (because who cares if they break) and they are easy to hang on the tree.

Zoe put all of hers in one spot on the tree.  As tempting as it was to "correct" it, I'm leaving it alone. Let the kids decorate the tree how they want.  Rex went to put his up...got frustrated that he couldn't hang it....took the candy cane in both hands....and SNAP.

Right in two.  Okay.....no breakable ornaments for Rex.
I decided for a second one I would go with one I made with some pipe cleaners and beads.  It's bendy, it won't break, and I don't really care what happens to it.

With two hands on it again.....RRRRRIIIIPPP!  And beads go scattering across my living room floor.
Okay...never mind then.

All done decorating the tree!  It looks great! 

(with four ornaments and just lights and a few candy canes, ALL DONE!)


1 comment:

Post a Comment